For June 2019 Indoor Cycling magazine finally decided to review the Tiem Cycling Shoes because the 140 dollar price was an eye-owner. If they were 50 dollars or even 80 dollar or even 100 dollars we could have been able to digest. However we have to hand it to TIEM marketing department for their sales tactics. From Instagram, to Youtube, to getting a few Indoor Cycling Instructors to say those 140 dollars are the “mother of shoes” (our quote). LOL.
However. Within one hour of us posting our review on Instagram (@indoorcycling) we were stunned to see a response so quick. Please see below a true review from a consumer who had the TIEM shoes for only one month:
The reason that Indoor Cycling Magazine is a leader and high-respected is because we are not “cheerleaders” but truly care about the consumer. Which is why we care when one spends 140 dollars when they can spend about half that on similar shoes with high ratings such as the Tommaso Venezia Women’s Spin Class, Urban Cycling, Road Biking Shoe Here is the Amazon link.
For about 70 bucks you get:
- BUILT FOR SPIN CLASS: The Tommaso Venezia was specifically designed to offer spin class riders the best performance and value at a great price. Not only is the Venezia your perfect spin class shoe, but also a great commuting and fitness cycling shoe. These shoes are only compatible with SPD cleats (NOT INCLUDED) and WILL NOT WORK with Look Delta or the Peloton bike. If you need shoes compatible with these items, please check out the Tommaso Pista. If unsure, contact your spin class.
- YOUR FEET WILL THANK YOU: Our shoes have been designed with the optimal amount of padding in the tongue and heel to make sure your feet are comfortable in both the downstroke and upstroke. Our synthetic leather upper combined with a traditional lacing system offers a precision fit that hugs your foot for all day comfort, while ventilated mesh vents cool your feet. Please Note: if you are in between two sizes, please size up for best fit.
- EASY WALKING & STYLISH: Everyone hates having to stumble from the locker room to spin class, because most cycling shoes aren’t optimized for spinning. The Venezia is different. With great features like a recessed cleat area, padded rubber sole, and a hidden inner shank, you can walk with ease and get the power you need to ride like a champ.
- INCREASE POWER: Cycling shoes like the Venezia allow for a more full range of motion and allow you to activate more muscles groups on your pedal stroke. So, not only are you riding better, but you are also getting a more complete workout that activates more muscles, keeping you fit and healthy. Please Note: SPD Cleats NOT Included.
- BUILT TO LAST: All too often things are made cheaply and break before their time. We believe that shoes should be reliable and built to be used hard. This is why we use only the highest quality materials and back our shoes with an industry leading 2-year warranty. Ride with confidence, knowing your new shoes were built to last!
The reviews have been very good for Tommaso shoes. The only issue is the sizing. Make sure you order one size larger. As such. Below are reviews from real buyers:
These are idea for a spin class or any variation on a spin class. I love them for a 1/2 spin and 1/2 metcon type class. Great on the bike and just as good on the floor. They are comfortable, look great, and I feel stronger! So glad to have a pair. — Kelly S. Mackin
Been using these shoes for a few weeks now for spin class and off the bike circuits. Comfortable, versatile shoe that have really held up. The grip really lends itself to cycling and hopping off the bike. Shoes run a little small in size, bought a 1/2 size up and they fit perfectly. — Elaine G
As we read above. Kelly and Elaine did not pay 140 dollars but paid 70 dollars. Which is why Indoor Cycling magazine decided to write a Tiem Cycling shoes review.
Besides. We hope that Tiem does not want us to forget that we were just fine with regular Indoor Cycling shoes such as the famous and world renown Sidi Shoes which are 10% off when you use code “indoorcycling”. Here is the link
Oh. By the way. We cannot end without saying that Indoor Cycling Magazine did reach out to TIEM and requested a shoe to review. TIEM refused either because they didn’t want the leaders in Indoor Cycling to offer an honest review or they already knew what we would conclude. We guess that TIEM is aware that we care about the consumer and are not cheerleaders. Thank you TIEM for understanding that 70 dollars will get consumers a great pair of Spinning Shoes that are if not better than your shoes just as good. Sometimes we only save consumers a few bucks, but this time 70 dollars– one weeks worth of groceries.