In recent years, Peloton has made waves for its interactive programming and very expensive bike. At half the cost, the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike offers an alternative for those wanting app connectivity, durability, and a great value.
I personally test each piece of equipment and take into account the footprint, durability, adjustability, and overall workout experience. In this Schwinn IC4 review, I’ll give you the lowdown on app connectivity, assembly, and how this bike rode for me. In fact, I like this bike so much, it made my list of the best Peloton alternatives. Keep reading to learn why.
Who Should Buy The Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike?
The Schwinn IC4 bike has a lot going for it in terms of durability and performance. It’s a great value at under $1,000 and offers quiet, magnetic resistance. It isn’t the most high-tech bike you’ll find on the market, but its Bluetooth connectivity makes it an accessible option for those who don’t want to pay thousands of dollars.
Footprint, Portability And Durability
At 48.7 in long x 21.2 in wide, the Schwinn IC4 has the footprint of a typical exercise bike. This bike isn’t compact, but it would fit comfortably inside an apartment or garage gym (provided you have the required nearby power adapter).
The 40 pound flywheel has magnetic resistance, which is part of the reason it is both quiet and stable. Magnetic resistance offers a more durable option than bikes that use brake pads to create resistance. Brake pads wear out over time and must be replaced in order to work properly. Magnetic resistance requires little to no maintenance or replacement.
The bike weighs 106 pounds and has a weight capacity of 330 pounds. If you are of average strength, I think you can move this by yourself with the attached wheels.
If you’ve ever been on a low-quality indoor cycle machine, you know shaking and jiggling is bound to happen while riding. The Schwinn IC4 impresses with its stability and high quality: I felt no movement when getting in and out of the saddle on my various rides.
- Includes 1-Year JRNY Membership (149 dollars value)
- The JRNY experience assesses your fitness level, creates daily adaptive workouts that automatically adjust as you improve over time, and provides coaching and feedback that guides you through your workouts (JRNY Membership required)
- Use with popular third party cycling apps like Peloton and Zwift on your smartphone, tablet or smart TV, and, with a JRNY account, during your workouts transmit bike metrics, such as cadence and power, to compatible cycling apps via Bluetooth connectivity (Cycling app subscriptions not included.)
- Explore destinations around the world and discover 50 plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed (JRNY Membership required)
- Magnetic resistance with 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels
- Full color backlit LCD console monitors heart rate, speed, time, distance, calories and RPMs
- Dual link SPD foot pedals come standard with toe cages or clips and adjustable race-style seat
- Urethane-dipped handlebars with 4-way adjustment, integrated multi-media device holder, and a pair of 3 lb. dumbbells
- LCD console and magnetic resistance powered by wall adaptor